A student’s life is a challenging phase in life. While you want to understand which course will best suit your skills, your mind tends to divert to other petty issues. Once you are focused about your future, it only becomes easier for you to understand your passion and you tend to find your own way to pursue it. Higher studies involve a significant sum of money and commitment from your end. Majority of students tend to drop out after high school as getting sufficient funds for their higher education becomes a challenge. But there are quite a number of students who wish to pursue higher studies even when they do not have sufficient financial backing. Such students can always approach sponsors who can help then financially with higher studies.
A sponsor typically has a significant number of criterion for a specific student on whom he/she wishes to invest time and money. Such is the case for getting sponsorship for your education. You need to maintain an impeccable educational track record, should have taken part in extra co curricular activities to account for, and have the right approach towards your future. These will help a sponsor may approach you and further assist you financially with your studies.
Why is sponsorship required for education?
Getting proper funds for your education can be challenging and time taking process. Approaching different sponsors, making them understand your approach towards your future and making them understand the need to sponsor your education can help you realize that the process maybe time taking. But it is not impossible. Having envisioned yourself in your graduation robes, graduating from the prestigious college, when you had thought it was not possible, shows how committed you have been as a student. Surely, it shows how much it matters to you.
Once you have enrolled yourself in the educational course of your liking with the help of your sponsor, the roller coaster ride begins. Every day is a day of learning and unlearning new things. Students who are intellectually curious, tend to opt for higher studies. As it is a known fact that higher studies are expensive, kids either choose to continue with their studies or choose to drop out. For all these reasons, sponsorship becomes a must for education.
Why the need to write a Thank You letter for sponsoring my education?
Receiving scholarship for higher education is an achievement. It shows your academic track record and for this very reason your sponsor has decided to invest their time and money on your education. It only seems right that you acknowledge their support and efforts by writing a “Thank You” letter for sponsoring your education. This is not an easy task to pursue higher education. Here are a few reasons as to why you should acknowledge and sent out a Thank You letter for sponsoring my education.
- Remember, your sponsor is a person of means, be it financially or in terms of connection. It only seems feasible to build a healthy relation with your sponsor.
- The sponsor has chosen to invest their time and money on you, so that you can pursue your higher studies. When someone helps you out with finances, that needs to be appreciated right away. However, the written format is the best.
- A thank-you letter for sponsoring your education helps build a new relationship with your sponsor. The letter will help you in the future. Your sponsor will remember who you are and that he/she has helped you pursue your dream.
- You should be grateful that others are willing to invest their hard-earned money on your future educational achievements. This can well be depicted in the form of a thank-you letter for your sponsor.
- Always keep your sponsor up to date with your progress and advances. This will show that your genuinely care for their sponsorship and you were the right and deserving candidate for this.
How to write a Thank You letter for sponsoring my education?
Once you have understood the need for writing thank you letter for sponsorship of education, the next thing which comes to mind is, how to write the letter. Writing a letter to express your gratitude and to show that you genuinely care can be a challenging task. Not everyone has the gift of words which they can turn into meaningful sentences. It only becomes imperative to be sure as to how the letter should be written, what should be the content of it, how to proceed with the letter and so on.
However, before you jump into writing an elaborately long letter, here are a few pointers which you should keep in mind while writing a Thank You letter for sponsoring my education.
- Avoid using long and complicated sentences. You do not want to bore your sponsor by writing a novel to thank him/her for their contribution. Keep it short and simple.
- Always mention the subject on top of the letter. This gives an idea to the reader about the contents of the letter and helps save a lot of time.
- Mention your address, followed by your sponsor’s address on the letter.
- Mention the date in the letter.
- Make use of words like, gratitude, appreciate, humbled, thank you, grateful. Such positive words help build a good image in mind.
- Ensure to write the correct salutations for your sponsor. It can be either Mr./ Mrs./ Ms. However, if you are unsure about the correct salutation, write the full name (first and last name) of your sponsor.
- Keep the letter short, to the point and meaningful. Too many ornamental words and jargon will only make things complicated. And who wants to read a puzzle! After all you are writing a thank-you letter, the message should not be lost while trying to impress your sponsor with ornamental words.
- Prefer to type the letter. This shows how professional you are. However, you may also choose to write the letter, gives a personal touch to it. Depending on the resources available with you, choose which is the best mode for writing the letter.
- Make use of proper A-4 size paper and do not tear a page from your notebook to make the letter. The letter will be addressed to your sponsor- it needs to look proper and professional at the same time. Use a clean sheet of paper and in case the paper is damaged or harmed in anyone, always advisable to use a fresh sheet of paper for writing the letter.
- Make the letter a little personal by including the progress in your studies. It shows you are dedicated towards your education.
- Make use of phrases like, yours sincerely, or yours faithfully, to end the letter.
- To help you further, we have made a few sample templates for Thank You letter for sponsoring my education. You can copy and paste or choose to make your own changes and send it across to your sponsors.
- Preparing the final draft of the letter
THANK YOU LETTER FOR SPONSORING MY EDUCATION
(City, State, Zip Code)
Name of Sponsor (Can also be the name of an organization who has chosen to sponsor)
(City, State, Zip Code)
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms (first and last name)
It gives me immense pleasure to inform you that I have received the sponsorship of amount (mention the sum) for pursuing my education in (mention your college/institute name). I shall always be grateful to you for getting me this opportunity.
Studies have always been a crucial part of my life and I had always looked up to the education system of our country. I was hopeful that someday I too will apply in the top universities and get the best grades ever. Little was I aware back then, that you would be responsible for making my dream come true.
I am eternally thankful to you for choosing me for this sponsorship and I shall live up to your expectations from me, in terms of education.
Your Institute/College Name
Your contact number
Dear (Sponsor’s name)
I feel extremely lucky and honored to have received sponsorship for my education from your esteemed organization. I have always been worried about the finances. However, my father used to say, follow your dreams and money will follow you. And on this day, I finally understand the meaning behind my father’s words.
You, Sir / Mam, have been an immense source for strength and courage for me during this phase. I cannot thank you enough for ensuring I finish my education without any hurdles. I appreciate your time and efforts and look forward to your guidance and support in my future endeavors too.
Thank you for being so generous, kind and humble.
Dear (Sponsor’s name),
You have been a true blessing in disguise and I appreciate everything you have done for me, over these past few months. Sponsoring my education and ensuring I get the best of everything, makes me feel much privileged today.
I appreciate your gesture and would also like to add, that with your assistance, I have also been able to pursue as an Assistant Lecturer in the institute. Hard work, determination and luck do play a part in this success. But your unwavering confidence in me, along with the sponsorship of (amount) has been the major source behind my success.
I cannot thank you enough for sponsoring my education. My words may fall short of my feelings. But I do appreciate the gesture and look forward to finally meeting you face to face.
Dear (Sponsor’s name)
Being a part of such a prestigious institute (name of your educational institute) was only a dream for me, till I met you. With your generous sponsorship, today I am a part of this institute and am able to pursue my education further.
You have been a source of constant support and inspiration for me. I am grateful and humbled today to realize the amount of time, dedication, and money you have spent on me. And I would only like to say is, I will try my level best to live up to it.
Money has always been a source of doubt in me. Never ever having enough of it, has its own drawbacks. But now when I look back, I understand the many lessons it has taught me, and I realize how important you have been in making my dreams come true.
I shall forever be grateful to you and I look forward to associating with you for future endeavors.
Dear (Sponsor’s name)
I am writing today to thank you for your generous sponsorship of (mention the amount) to help me with my education. I truly am grateful for your constant support and guidance to continue with my academic career.
I am thankful to you for giving me this opportunity to get into the esteemed institute (name of the institute). You will be glad to know I am the only person in my family to get such an opportunity and to ever get into this institute. None of this would have been possible, without your constant support and guidance. Today, I have been able to achieve so much because you had faith in me, and you choose to sponsor my education.
With your sponsorship in place, I have to worry less now and can give my full concentration towards my studies to further education. Today, I feel confident and relaxed to know I have your support and backing.
I shall indeed be grateful to you for this. And look forward to your continued guidance and support for me in my future endeavors.
Yours sincerely, (Your name)