From being a student to becoming a working professional, you bridge the gap by applying for an internship. Student life is all about the theoretical knowledge. Once you start working, you tend to put your theoretical knowledge into practical use. And this is where internship becomes a crucial and important part of a student’s life. It helps you, as a student to get ready for the real world. It gives a glimpse of what to expect next once when you have graduated from school and want to step out in the real world.
However, getting the opportunity to work as an intern in a company is very crucial forstudent’s life. You should always appreciate and acknowledge the help and opportunity you get through this phase of life to grow. You need to understand that a thank you letter for internship offer can be a useful instrument for boosting your career and building new relationships.
What is an internship?
Internship is a work experience offered to a student for a specific period. Whether paid or unpaid, students opt for internship is to get the real-life experience. This is where they get to put their bookish knowledge to work. They get a first-hand experience of the work environment. And all this while they are still studying and enjoying their student life. An internship is a contract between a student and an organization for a particular task to be completed in a given span of time.
Internships can be for a week, a month, or even six months, depending on the nature of work.
What are the benefits of applying for an internship?
There are multiple benefits of becoming an intern in an organization. Getting an opportunity to put your knowledge to work should not be wasted. It is important to apply for internship with the companies you want to work for in the future.
Here are a few pointers which may help you see the importance of applying for internship.
- Internship is like a deal between the organization and an individual. The organization wants skilled manpower and students want to get an understanding of the work environment. A win-win situation for all.
- Internships are paid as well. It may not be a big pay check, but you will get paid while studying and interning. An added advantage for sure.
- Internships can help build relationships in the industry you want to work for. It is not the work environment you get to live in, but you also get to meet others who may help you in the longer run.
- Lots of internships help land a job in the company. A job well done while interning is always appreciated and may help you get a job with the same company as well.
- Internships help you build a professional network of people from the same field. You can always get letter of recommendations from them, which is quite helpful in the longer run.
- There are unpaid internships too. These are mostly for charitable organizations. You may not benefit financially from them, but the work experience and exposure to the real world is highly recommended.
Why need a thank you letter for internship offer?
Having established the importance of applying for an internship, you may also need to consider writing a thank you letter for internship offer. Thank you letter for internship offer is as important as applying for it. So, appreciate the opportunity which has been given your way. You will need the support and guidance from your workplace for future reference too. You need to acknowledge it by writing a thank you letter for internship. Here are a few reasons why you will need a thank you letter for internship.
- Thank you letter for internship offer can help build on the relationship with the team, members, and company you have interned for. While interning in the organization, you may have had the opportunity of interacting even with the top bosses. Sending across a thank you letter for internship offer can help in making the top bosses remember about you and perhaps your interaction too.
- Thank you letter for internship offer shows that you genuinely care and appreciate the opportunity which has been given to you. This also shows your professional character and at the same time establishes you as a team player for the company. Irrespective of whether you land a job in the company or not, you appreciate their efforts and opportunity for you, will always help you in the long run.
- Thank you letter for internship offer can also be an opportunity for you to ask for a recommendation letter from the company you have worked for. This opens a window of opportunity for you.
- Companies offer internship to many students who may be studying as well as working along with you. A thank you letter for internship offer will set you apart from the rest. It will be like you are a part of the team of interns and yet there will be something different, something special about you. It is always better to be in the good books of the people you are interning for.
How to write a thank you letter for internship offer?
Now that you have understood the importance of applying for an internship and writing a thank you letter for internship offer, you need to sit through and write it. Letter writing is quite a simple task. However, writing a ‘thank you’ and writing paragraphs after paragraphs saying thank you are not at all recommended. Hence, you need a few pointers in mind which can help you with the letter. Here are few such pointers for you.
- Keep the letter simple, short, concise. Avoid using long sentences and making grammatical errors.
- The letter should be printed if possible. This gives a neat and tidy impression to the reader. Handwritten letters are also appreciated. However, do take extra care for neatness in such a scenario.
- The letter should be printed or written in A4 size of paper. That is the first professional rule, and you cannot afford to forget that.
- Use proper salutation for the concerned person, like, Mr./ Mrs. / Ms. /First and last name.
- Write the reason for the letter right on top. It makes it easier for the recipient to understand the contents of the letter, saving a lot of time.
- Make use of the words like, ‘appreciate’, ‘gratitude’, ‘generous opportunity’, all such positive connotations in the body of the letter. Avoid complaining or mentioning anything negative in the letter.
- While appreciating for the internship offer, do not seek for a job opportunity right away. It will make you look desperate and the whole purpose of writing a thank you letter for internship offer will become null and void.
- End the letter by mentioning, ‘yours sincerely’, ‘yours truly’.
- Give your contact information at the end of the letter. In case the person wants to contact you or refer you to anyone else, they should have your contact information.
Thank you letter for Internship Offer
Nowthat you have understood the entire process, you will need to sit and write the thank you letter for internship offer. It is comparatively easy to thank for the opportunity you have been given. However, you will need to keep the above-mentioned points in mind. Write a short and concise letter which shows that you are grateful for the opportunity given to you. Here are few templatesv which will be useful for you. The templates are written in such a way that you can directly copy-paste them or you can make changes as per liking.
A picture containing typewriter, indoor
THANK YOU LETTER FOR INTERNSHIP OFFER
(First and Last name)
I would like to take opportunity to thank you for thinking me capable enough for interning with your company (company name). I have been exposed to the world of marketing and sales by working under the capable leadership of your team.
This internship has helped me realize my career path lies in marketing and sales. And I look forward to exploring more opportunities in future too. I appreciate the guidance, support and mentorship I have received in these past few months. And would like to thank each person responsible for helping me out in every way possible.
(your contact number)
(your email id)
Thank you for having me in your esteemed organization (Company name) for the past three months as an intern in (name of department).
I appreciate the opportunity given to me to understand the intricacies of the professional world. During my internship, I was able to gauge how board meetings are conducted, how presentations are made, what is the importance of time, and most importantly, the importance of money.
I feel grateful to have been associated with such a great team for my internship. And I cannot thank you enough for this opportunity. This internship has helped me realize my career goal and I shall strive forward for more opportunities like this in the future.
(your contact number)
(your email id)
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to intern in your prestigious organization (name of the company) for these past six months. I feel grateful and humbled with the guidance, mentorship and support I have received from the team.
I can proudly say, I would not have been able to learn so much in such a short span of time, had I not received the guidance and support from my immediate peers. I am excited to venture into the real world and experience the professional life a lot closer.
I would love to be in touch with you, as I finish my higher studies. I shall reach out to you for further assistance in directing me to the right career path in life. I look up to your mentorship and support.
Thank you once again for this wonderful opportunity. And hope to see you soon again.
(your contact number)
(your email id)
Dear Sir/ Madam,
As my last day as an intern comes to an end, I wanted to thank each of you for being an incredible source of knowledge and strength for me. This was my very first experience in the corporate world and I feel grateful that I was blessed to be a part of the prestigious company of yours, (company name).
I am excited for my future and cannot wait to make use of my knowledge gained in your presence with me to my next career move. I shall always be grateful to the entire team for their cooperation, support, and guidance.
Thank you once again for giving me the internship opportunity in your organization.
(your contact number)
(your email id)
Thank you for giving me an opportunity to learn as an intern in your esteemed organization (company name). This internship has been a wonderful work experience for me and has allowed me to understand what lies ahead in my career path.
I have had the privilege to work with the best teams in marketing, sales, and digital promotion division. Their advice, experience, guidance, will alwaystay with me, as I will step out to the real world for new opportunities. These past six months have been truly valuable, where I was able to gain knowledge and get a hands-on experience of the corporate world.
Pleaseextend my appreciation and gratitude to the entire team. I shall forever be grateful for this internship offer and will look forward to any future associations with the company.
(your contact number) (your email id)